Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Ask A Pro

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Forums :: Community Discussion :: Thread

canada goose KtjDjiLhw

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-10-25

PM

<a >dre beats</a>  From time to time, I study a specific thing other than manner magazines! However, subjects that relate to a few of the most frequent complaintsabout the glossies crop up frequently. I’ve culled these details of fascination from newly released readings:The February dilemma of <span style=“font-style: italic;”>Wired graphed the BMIs of <span style=“font-style: italic;”>Playboy centerfolds from December 1953 to January 2009, and then compared the results to the BMI on the average American woman over the same time period. The outcome won’t surprise you: The models’ BMI shrank from 19.4 to 18.2, while the national average increased from 22.2 to 26.8. <span style=“font-style: italic;”>Wired points out that, while the stats could be skewed because the Playmates provide their own weights and measurements, what <span style=“font-style: italic;”>Playboy thinks its readers will consider ideal is far more revealing than the actual numbers. The March situation of <span style=“font-style: italic;”>Psychology Today probes the growing frequency of suicide among teen girls. A new book, The Triple Bind: Saving Our Teenage Girls from Today;s Pressures<span style=“font-style:normal”>, postulates that society and the media subject girls to unrealistic pressures, creating strain when girls are expected to become caregivers, excel academically, and still fit conventional standards of beauty. Female role models, the book’<span style=“font-style:normal”>s authors claim, are “ultra-sexy, ultra-feminized women, like the female surgeons on Grey’s Anatomy<span style=“font-style: normal”> or swimsuit-modeling tennis players…” Ultra-sexy, ultra-feminized women? Like, say, the Photoshopped images that appear in vogue publications? And speaking of Photoshop, the editor-in-chief of <span style=“font-style: italic;”>Shape answered readers who wrote to complain about what they thought was the egregious retouching of singer Faith Hill’s bikini-clad body on an earlier address. In March’s “Editor’s Letter,” Valerie Latona says, “I can emphatically and truthfully say we do not alter stars’ bodies: We select A-listers, like Jaime Pressly (whom we voted this year’s Sexiest Body in Hollywood), who <span style=“font-style: italic;”>are<span style=“font-style:normal”> healthy role models—and have the curves to show for it.” In response to readers’ correspondence, the magazine says, “We never<span style=“font-style:normal”> alter any Shape<span style=“font-style:normal”> model’s body—including those on our go over. The women we feature put a lot of hard work into staying healthy and should be given the credit they deserve.”Pop Quiz: Exactly what does Elle Know about Cheap Style?  <a >canada goose sale</a>
<a >thomas sabo</a>  This advert appears during the September difficulty of Marie Claire: Ordinarily, I’d prepare a derisive paragraph or two about how this ad pretends to get empowering and real but as a substitute is just a stereotype-promoting fantasy dreamed up by some man who thinks he understands gals simply because he watched Serious Housewives of recent Jersey and once, in 1998, purchased a box of tampons for his then-girlfriend.But I do think I’ll conserve my ideas for when I’m on my time period. Evidently, which is the only real time I’m saying just about anything worthy of listening to.Cosmopolitan: Likely Beyond a Dazzling Yellow Go over for getting Particular attention <a >canada goose jacket</a>